Monday, December 19, 2016

Unboxing: Anime Bento Subscription Box


Nearly everybody who knows me knows that I love Halloween.  Couple that with honestly anything else that I am a fan of, and I am a very happy woman.  So, you can imagine my joy when I opened my mailbox one day to find a Halloween themed Anime Bento Box!

While I may have gotten this box after Halloween had already passed, it did not stop me from enjoying its contents!

Inside this box I found a jelly drink kit, a Halloween themed tote bag, a folder, a book, and a Pokemon tee shirt.

Also inside was a card listing the box's contents and a sneak peek for the next box.

I was anticipating the book, Re: Zero, to be manga style, but it is actually a novel, which means it will last me longer when I get around to reading it.  It seems pretty interesting, following somebody who has been gifted a save point like in a video game, but in order to use it, they have to die.



The tote is of a thin fabric, and has a cute little anime witch saying Happy Halloween on the front.  I have been trying to use more reusable shopping bags lately, so this actually came in handy!  Unfortunately, the seaming holding one of the handles on broke my first use, and I had to fix it.  But after that mend and reinforcing the other handle, I haven't had any issues.



The folder is of an anime I am familiar with, Black Butler, and when I first saw it, I really wondered what I was going to use it for, as I am not in school.  The very next day, however, we were redoing Mischief's ABA binder, and suddenly found ourselves in need of a folder to hold old paperwork!  The folder is not a style I am used to, with only one side being closed so it can open like a book, but is instead sealed on two sides, so it functions more like a sleeve.



Each box comes with a snack, and this box's snack was an interesting jelly drink kit.  This kit came with everything but the water you needed to mix up an interesting strawberry drink, even a cup!  The cup is very small, especially for American standards, but is so cute!   I wasn't certain what to expect with the drink, as I can't read Japanese, so I figured I'd just follow the picture instructions as best I can, and see what happens.  I was not expecting the texture of the final drink, which was like jello mixed with water.  Personally, I didn't mind it , but I can see how if someone had texture issues they wouldn't like it.


My favorite part of this box was most definitely the tee shirt.  This grey shirt has three Pokemon on it, and is butter soft.  I find most tee shirts you get in subscription boxes are a bit stiff and need to be worn to soften them up, but this one was so comfy that I had to put it on immediately.



I have gotten many compliments on it when wearing it out, and the Mister has threatened to steal it for himself if I don't guard it!  Thankfully I'm the one who does the laundry nine times out of ten!

So, while I didn't get this box in time for Halloween, I still very much enjoyed this Anime Bento Box.  If you happen to know of someone who enjoys Anime, this is a wonderful little box of fun!

The Anime Bento Subscription Box is available fo $35 monthly. If you or someone you love is an anime fan, you can pick up a subscription under any of their plans and get 10% off.

To redeem your 10% discount enter RCH10 at checkout on animebento.com!


http://www.animebento.com/
https://www.facebook.com/animebentous/





4 comments:

  1. It's always fun to get a things in the mail! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest daughter loves anime! This box is right up her alley! #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun treat! Thank you for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist LINK PARTY! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would make a great gift for lovers of anime.

    ReplyDelete